Why Choose Plumbing and HVAC Careers
Increasing Demand for Plumbing and HVAC Careers
Across the U.S., there is a steadily increasing need for plumbers and HVAC technicians as the projected shortage of workers in the plumbing-heating-cooling industry grows.
- By 2022, the industry will need approximately 138,200 new workers
- In the next 10 years, 95 million Baby Boomers will retire from their jobs across all industry sectors, but only 40 million young workers will be available to replace them
Why you should consider a career in plumbing-heating-cooling industry
- You’ll have many opportunities for salary advancement, career growth, and unlimited job possibilities. These range from technicians to tech-savvy CAD and BIM operators to management.
- Average technician salaries are more than $49,000 plus benefits
- You’ll gain skills and knowledge in a wide range of subject areas, including math, science, technology, and engineering. These skills are important and applicable to any number of job opportunities, providing you with an advantage during the growth of your career.
- Growth of women in the industry is on the rise
- Earn while you learn! You don’t need a degree to get started; in fact, the PHC industry pays you while you learn!
source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics